Fruit salad is very popular in the Philippines especially during summer because of the very hot weather. You can see vendors selling fruit salad placed in an ice candy wrapper and this is "selling like hot cake" to the streets in every place in the country.
Due to this phenomenon, even the big fast food chains are having their own recipes for fruit salad. I have here a fruit salad recipe I found in the net and I want to share it here. It is very easy to make and you will surely like it.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 (14 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can lychees, drained
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package unsalted chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed apples (optional)
- Mix heavy cream and cream cheese together to a smooth sauce like consistency.
- Combine with other ingredients and blend well, chill overnight.
This specification can make up to 6 servings.