ARROZ CALDO. This Filipino recipe is usually served during birthdays and special occasions especially in the Philippine countrysides.
- 1/2 kg chicken, boiled
- 6 cloves garlic, minded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup rice, washed
- 2 tbsps patis
- 6 cups broth of chicken
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 pcs kalamansi
- Shred chicken. Set aside.
- Saute garlic until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute onion in the same oil. Add shredded chicken and waashed rice. Season with patis.
- Pour broth and boil. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with fried garlic and spring onions. Serve hot with kalamansi and patis.
A scene in a countryside in the Philippines where folks are cooking Arroz Caldo in a big pot for a special occassion