Chicken Pastel Filipino Style.
- 1 chicken, cut up and boned
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 1 cup Vienna sausage, sliced
- 1 cup broth
- 1 pc carrot, cut into cubes
- 3 pcs potato, cut into cubes
- 1 can cream soup
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Marinate chicken pieces in soy sauce and kalamansi juice
- Place them in a saucepan with water, salt and pepper; let boil and simmer until tender
- Melt butter in skillet. Brown the chicken.
- Drop in slices of chorizo de bilbao and Vienna sausage.
- Pour in the broth. Cover and cook until half done.
- Add green olives, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and cream soup.
- Cook everything together. Thicken with flour if necessary. Season well.
- Transfer cooked mixture to a baking dish then garnish with slices of hard-cooked eggs.
- Cover the dish with pie crust.
- Bake at 204 Degrees Celsius for about 40 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve hot.