Arroz a la Valenciana.
- 1 chicken
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 small can peas
- 1 small can pimiento
- 2 cups rice
- 1 large onion
- a few cloves of garlic
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoons lard
- salt and pepper
- Soak and wash the rice; soak in water for an hour.
- Dress and cut the chicken into pieces and season it with salt and pepper. Saute until light brown.
- Remove the chicken from the frying pan.
- Saute the minced onion and the bruised garlic until clear and tender.
- Add the tomato, chicken and enough boiling water to moisten and to steam the rice.
- Add the rice and the chopped pimiento.
- Cook slowly until the rice is done. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- Add peas 10 minutes before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on hot platter, garnish with slices of hard boiled eggs.