- 1 medium sized cabbage (about 2 cups when shredded)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Toss ingredients together
- Add mayonnaise and blend
- Serve cold
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoon kalamansi or lemon juice
- 1 cup salad or cooking oil
- Except for the salad oil, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Beat thoroughly.
- Add salad oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When all the salad oil has been added, beat for one more minute or until mayonnaise is thick to hold its shape when spooned out.
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise.